We Fix Your Gadgets

FixGadgets is a computer service and support company located in Central New York. We offer support for computer problems and service for computer upgrades. We can be reached any time of the day at 631.680.7844 or fixgadgets@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Apple 4 - Microsoft 0, Can we say shutout?

If there was a scoreboard keeping a record of who is winning the Desktop OS game, Apple would have a healthy lead. John Boudreau from Mercury News wrote an article essentially summing up the events in the battle of Apple and Microsoft. John's position is that Apple has consistently delivered on its promises while Microsoft seems to jump from delay to delay with no end in sight.

The upcoming World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC) is where Apple is expected to release its latest revision of Mac OS X, Leopard and a bevy of other products. Meanwhile Microsoft still hasn't delivered on the Vista promise and don't get me started on the XP promise. If XP were a pizza and Microsoft a Pizza Shop, my food would be free. But the major difference Apple and Microsoft which might explain the severe backlog of releases is that Windows and Vista will have to run on millions of computers world-wide while OS X only runs on a fraction of the machines. The other issue with Vista is that it has to be compatible with a ton of different hardware while Apple only has to worry about a much smaller selection of hardware and software.

mac-windows

My problem with Windows delays is how long will it take before people get fed up with waiting for Vista and switch to something else? I'm surprised how long all the techies who use XP have waited for Vista. I won't take the argument that they have Vista Beta 2 because its no where near ready for release.

In the end the question is, does any of this matter? For the majority of users the answer is no, they have no need for innovation and they are the same people who still use Windows 98 today. Read the original article for more of John's opinions on the topic.

10 Comments:

  • At 10/21/2009 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbee and your success is very much an inspiration for me. Please come visit my site Garland Web Link when you got time.

     
  • At 10/21/2009 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbee and your success is very much an inspiration for me. Please come visit my site Texas TX Phone Directory when you got time.

     
  • At 11/24/2009 4:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice information. Thanks for this. Please come visit my site Business Directory Milwaukee when you got time.

     
  • At 11/24/2009 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice information. Thanks for this. Please come visit my site Wisconsin WI when you got time.

     
  • At 12/24/2009 1:00 AM, Blogger rr8004 said…

    sorry to ask this here but… I really love your theme, would it happen to be a free one i can download somewhere, or is it a custom theme you had made? Soon i will be launching my own blog, however i’m not great with designs but i do like the style of your site so it would be excellent if i could find (or buy) something with a similar look as my last designer cannot finish my site. Thanks! Please come visit my site Business Resources Comprehensive Listings when you got time.

     
  • At 12/24/2009 1:00 AM, Blogger rr8004 said…

    sorry to ask this here but… I really love your theme, would it happen to be a free one i can download somewhere, or is it a custom theme you had made? Soon i will be launching my own blog, however i’m not great with designs but i do like the style of your site so it would be excellent if i could find (or buy) something with a similar look as my last designer cannot finish my site. Thanks! Please come visit my site Free Business Listing of San Francisco when you got time.

     
  • At 12/30/2009 5:36 AM, Blogger rr8004 said…

    Nice blog design. This seems like it would be a very interesting blog to keep up with. Please come visit my site Glendale City Directory when you got time.

     
  • At 12/30/2009 5:36 AM, Blogger rr8004 said…

    Nice blog design. This seems like it would be a very interesting blog to keep up with. Please come visit my site Phone Directory Of Glendale City California CA State when you got time.

     
  • At 11/30/2010 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cowens chose winter boots, Florida State University, this is not a basketball elite, Ecco Casual Shoes. and the school still violence. Therefore, Cowens got a lot

     
  • At 12/28/2010 4:17 AM, Blogger anna said…

    I mean I am serious for this,I dont fool you now. air force one shoes,just available for you,So lucky you are I think,and five finger shoes also good for you,These are nice for you...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home