We Fix Your Gadgets

FixGadgets is a computer service and support company located in Central New York. We offer support for computer problems and service for computer upgrades. We can be reached any time of the day at 631.680.7844 or fixgadgets@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Spring cleaning ... joy!

Now I like a tidy blog just like the next person but sometimes I have to pull my own teeth just to get myself to clean things. A while back I added some social bookmarking links to the foot of every post to make it easier for people to track what I'm writing. Well just like too many cooks in the kitchen can spoil the soup, too many social bookmarking links can give everyone a headache.

If you have seen my website before today I had about 20-30 icons below every post that linked to individual bookmarking services. So to give everyone a break, myself included, I have compiled all of the bookmarking service with the exception of the top 4 (Digg, Del.icio.us, Reddit, and Technorati) into a single pull-down menu. The top 4 sites will still have an icon displayed under each post. This should help remove a lot of the clutter and also help the page to load faster. If you think I have missed a service let me know and I'll be glad to add it.

One other feature I have added are post abstracts. From now on, if a post is longer than 2-3 paragraphs it will be abstracted and only a portion will be displayed on the main page. This should also help to improve page load times.

If you have any comments about the changes I have made or think other changes should be made please post a comment below.

Thanks for your patience while I'm cleaning up, I'll be back to posting shortly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home