We Fix Your Gadgets

FixGadgets is a computer service and support company located in Central New York. We offer support for computer problems and service for computer upgrades. We can be reached any time of the day at 631.680.7844 or fixgadgets@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Most useless gadget of the week ... The mouse mouse

No this isn't a type. After finding this latest gadget I have decided to start a new weekly post on the most useless gadget of the week (left).

Tired of your boring old computer mouse?

Do you want to spruce up your computer setup with a unique mouse inspired computer mouse?

Well then this is the gadget for you. The computer mouse is gray and has the face of a mouse painted on it with two pink ears that I'm guessing serve as buttons and a click wheel situated right between them. Best of all, these mice don't use the latest laser/optical technology but instead have a small ball inside like the old style mice. Having a ball based mouse should help make your headshots in CounterStrike or Halo all that more accurate.

Don't worry about not having a free USB port to plug in your mouse because this bad boy (or girl) doesn't use it. Instead the makers opted for the traditional PS/2 connector to be fully backwards compatible.

The best part about this mouse is that you can own it for the low low price of $3.24 (US). Unfortunately, it seems that the vendor is all out of stock currently so you'll have to wait for more until you can order. This is definitely going on my holiday list for must have gadgets.

And while I'm at it I think I'll get the whole set. Yes you read correctly, this isn't a one of a kind mouse. This bad boy belongs to a family of animal inspired mice so if mice aren't your thing, you can buy one that looks like any animal you'd find at the zoo plus more!

The varieties of animal inspired mice range from frogs to pandas to Pikachu to even pigs and donkeys. Don't believe me? See for yourself:





In case you missed the link before, click here to go directly to the vendor that sells these wonderful mice or whatever you call them. That does it for this weeks most useless gadget post. Let me know if you've come across any other really useless gadgets while surfing the net.

[Update: I don't think mice are useless. Mice are very useful. I am using a mouse right now. The design and selling point of the mouse is what I'm pointing out as useless.]

bk_keywords:computer mouse, keyboard, kids toy.

3 Comments:

  • At 6/14/2006 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It may be useless to somebody who is > 6 years old... but my 4 year old daugher loves these mice!
    And yes, I am perfectly fine with PS2 connectors since she uses an old beat up laptop and doesnt need a high precision laser, since shez not going blowing up 'targets' on an MMORPG...
    I think you need to see how 'useless' a particular gadget it, in the context of its intended users, 'your' 'useless' gadget may be really cool to somebody else, who may not think in your terms...
    Thankz.

     
  • At 6/14/2006 12:52 PM, Blogger Darth Continent said…

    1. Buy a shitload of used and/or new but really crappy PS/2 mice.
    2. Add mouse ears and shit.
    3. Profit.

     
  • At 6/14/2006 1:02 PM, Blogger Evan Spiegel said…

    I might agree with mousedude. Perhaps my comments were a little strong and I will certainly consider my use of words next time.

    On a serious note: where did you first find out about these mice? Are they popular? I couldn't seem to find them anywhere else.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home